Get ready, as the spooky month of the year is already here! With ghosts, goblins, and glowing Jack-o’-lanterns, it is time to reflect upon the various events happening in Prague throughout October.
1. Douanier Rousseau: Painter’s Paradise Lost (Sept. 15 – Jan. 15): One of the most exciting exhibitions is taking place in Prague in cooperation with the Musee d’Orsay in Paris. The inspiring figure of the group Der Blaue Reiter, Henri Rousseau’s original combination of archaism, classicism, and realism will be displayed in the Prague National Gallery’s Kinský Palace. Find out more on: http://www.ngprague.cz/en/exposition-detail/henri-rousseau/
2. SIGNAL Festival (Oct. 13-16): The largest cultural event in Prague combines the gift of technology and modern art, bringing it into the streets and historical locations of Prague. Already quite well-known, the Signal festival attracts millions of people and is always mesmerizing.
Find out more on: http://www.signalfestival.com/2016/en/ and follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1033293386760273/
3. Dalai Lama in Prague (Oct. 17): The Nobel Peace Prize winner and the spiritual leader of Tibet will be welcomed in Prague as a special guest. Become a part of this historical event. Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/887748451371075/
4. 20th Forum 2000 Conference (Oct. 16-19): Although academic work is already overwhelming, the Forum 2000 Conference is an event every student will find interesting and important. Consisting of five themes, the forum will include discussions about democratic leadership deficit, challenges to Democracy, Václav Havel, the current global issues and interfaith dialogue. Register now for one of the most important political gatherings in Prague.
Find out more on: http://www.forum2000.cz/en/projects/forum-2000-conferences/2016/
and follow on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/events/1771818843072652/
5. Bloody Sexy Halloween 2016 (Oct. 28): Join the hottest Halloween party in Prague in Forum Karlín. Have a magical time with an endless supply of drinks and tasteful music, and enjoy the high quality costume design and interior decorations to make your experience unforgettable. Wishing you a haunted night! Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1673118836269549/